“Basic Blueprint Reading”
*This course is only open for enrollment to ABC members and their staff.
Blueprint reading is a fundamental skill for success in the construction industry. This seminar is intended to introduce participants to the basics of blueprint reading utilizing a full set of plans in the classroom. At the end of the session, each participant will be given a 25-question quiz to assess their understanding. This course is open for enrollment to all ABC members and their staff who are not familiar with blueprints or want to be more comfortable reading them.
At the end of the workshop participants should be able to:
- Understand the standard organization of blueprints and how to recognize which trades require which sheets
- Be able to use a scale and understand the various scales used on blueprints
- Recognize basic symbols used on blueprints and how to identify them
- Recognize basic abbreviations used on blueprints and how to interpret them
- Identify the variety of schedules and their application to the blueprints
- Understand the difference between an elevation, a floor plan, a section and a detail and the role each plays
- Be able to read a basic set of plans
- Understand the role specifications play as a complement to blueprints